Helping Injured Workers File Claims & Receive Needed Benefits
Georgia private employers reported more than 78,000 workplace injuries and illnesses in 2019. While that number places the state below the national average, there is no doubt that missing work because of injuries on the job impacts many Georgians.
Workers’ compensation covers the costs of medical care and a portion of the worker’s salary for work they miss. Unfortunately, some employers try to deny claims or underpay them.
At Mayfield Law, LLC, we help our Brunswick neighbors file for workers’ compensation and fight against any denial. We also look beyond the employer to evaluate whether a third party might also have responsibility for the incident.
A great firm that goes above and beyond for the client. Alex is a dedicated and experienced lawyer who knows how to maximize his client's recovery.Taylor B.
Georgia law requires every employer in Brunswick with three or more employees (full-time or part-time) must carry workers’ compensation insurance coverage. Policies can be obtained through an insurance carrier, or the employer may request to be approved as a self-insurer.
Workers’ compensation covers costs related to an injury or illness that occurs on the job:
- Medical expenses including diagnostic procedures, surgeries, medications, and other treatments
- Physical therapy, occupational therapy, or other similar costs
- Ambulance services or mileage to and from doctor’s appointments
- Up to two-thirds of your average salary (max of $725 per week) for temporary total disability and permanent partial disability and up to $483 per week for temporary partial disability (effective July 1, 2022)
- If a workplace fatality occurs, workers’ compensation provides death benefits to surviving spouses and certain family members.
Why Injured Brunswick Workers Need a Lawyer
Like other types of insurance, the company’s workers’ compensation insurance premiums typically rise because of claims.
Employers sometimes deny valid claims or attempt to minimize the injury to keep their premium costs down. They might downplay the seriousness of the injury or illness or assert the incident was not related to work. You may be pushed to go back to work before you medically should.
At Mayfield Law, LLC, we help our clients submit strong claims and respond aggressively to any questions or pushback.
Our experienced attorney can help clients navigate the workers’ compensation process:
- Help build a strong claim to be submitted
- Respond to claim denials
- Pursue a lawsuit against a third party that played a role in the injury (equipment manufacturer, custodial services company, etc.)
- An accident should be reported to the employer within 30 days of the date it occurred. A workers’ compensation claim must be filed within one year of the accident or incident.
Contact Mayfield Law, LLC with Your Workers’ Compensation Questions
Our No. 1 job is to ensure workers in Brunswick receive the benefits owed them. Serving all of Coastal Georgia, let us help you submit a workers' comp claim or fight for any benefits you are denied. If a loved one died in a workplace accident, we can determine whether you are receiving all the compensation you deserve.
We can answer your questions and assess your options in a free case evaluation. Schedule by calling (912) 455-2045 or submitting an online request.
We understand that each client and every case is unique. We work with you to efficiently and effectively develop the proper course of action for your particular case.
At Mayfield Law, you have direct access to your attorney. You will constantly be provided with honesty and transparency into your case, and we will work to ensure that your goals are met.
When you work with our team, you can rest assured that you will not only have an attorney, but also an advocate who will tirelessly work to secure the best possible outcome on your case.
Tailored Legal Strategies
At Mayfield Law, we don't believe there is a one-size-fits-all approach to legal cases. We always work directly with you to secure the best possible outcome for you.